Ever had a bad hotel room, the kind that they couldn’t pay you to stay in again. If you have, then you will be very interested in the tips below. These tips can help you find the right hotel at the right price. So keep reading and start looking forward to your next hotel stay.
- Do comparison shopping online. Often you”ll need to do some comparison shopping to find the best deals out there. Some quick web searches can do you a lot of good. There you’ll see who has the best prices for hotels in the areas you are considering. It can save you some real cash.
- Take advantage of search tools online. You can use such websites to discover great deals with ease and speed. They also can show you the average hotel rates, letting you see whether the deal is good or bad. Finally, they can help you determine when you’d like to travel and what you’d like to do when you’re there.
- Read the reviews before choosing hotels that look less than top notch. Sure there are lots of hotels that don’t look like the Four Seasons, and there are many that are plenty clean to stay in. There are others though that can be very dirty inside. Reading reviews can help you steer clear of the poorer lot of hotels out there.
[photogrid ids=”621,622,623,624″ captions=”no” columns=”four” ]
- When traveling with small children, try to choose a hotel that caters to them. Most hotels offer cribs. Some have playgrounds and/or pools to help keep your kids entertained. Some even offer or children’s programs during the day or babysitters at night. Many hotels do not charge extra for children under a certain age to stay in the same room with their parents.
- Find out what perks are offered on hotel club floors before deciding the extra premium isn’t worth the cost. At some hotels, staying on a club floor can mean benefits like free food and even full meals. Factor up the potential expenses of paying for those on their own, and you might see that an upgrade can save you money.
- Sign on to Facebook and find the page of the hotel you are staying at. Write a little message on their page, and see if the staff responds. You never know, they may offer you a special perk! If nothing else, keep up with what is happening on the page in case any specials are announced.
- Be sure to avoid hotel transfer fees by asking about them in advance. If you are getting a meager price on the room, it is especially important that you ask about any hidden fees that might be tacked onto your bill. Ask about this beforehand to save more.
- To keep your incidentals at a minimum, especially when you are staying at a hotel outside the US, ask about the cost of the wireless Internet before you check in, and especially before you log in the first time. Some hotels don’t disclose the expensive per-minute costs of Internet access, but they will undoubtedly show up on the bill.
- Become a member of AAA to make your travel arrangements more comfortable. Members of AAA receive many travel benefits including reduced hotel rates and lower car rental rates. Besides, parents may enjoy the benefit of having free car seats provided.
- To save money on a trip when you are traveling with a large family, choose a hotel that offers a free breakfast. Even if it’s just continental fare, you’re saving a significant amount of money by cutting out having to pay for that one meal each day on the road.
- Be aware of your surroundings in a hotel to stay safe. Don’t open the door without knowing who is behind it. Use the peephole. Hotel residents are especially vulnerable to theft. Check in with the front desk if there are any deliveries to your door and keep the door locked even when inside.
- A bad hotel is hard to forget, but a good one will give you great memories for a lifetime. So picking the right hotel for you is a vital component of any trip, whether it is for business or pleasure. So remember the advice from above, do your homework and your stay will be immensely satisfying.